- Freshly dried Kodampuli (Garcinia cambogia) sourced naturally from Kerala.
- Kodampuli is also known as gamboge/Cambodge, fish tamarind, Malabar tamarind, and mistakenly as kokum.
- This fruit is used to add sourness to dishes /curries in Kerala.
- This is also Kerala’s secret spice in seafood. Kodampuli is a medium-sized, evergreen tree and the flowers are sessile and axillary.
- Its leaves are dark green, elliptic, shining to obviate.
- It bears sweet-sour mixed fruit. The fruit may resemble a yellow pumpkin.
- When the fruit ripes, it’s plucked from the vine, deseeded, and left to dry in the sun till it turns leathery